These are some websites that students might find useful:
- Questions about the FAFSA are explained here along with directions about how to complete the form for federal grants.
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) – Complete your FAFSA before you complete your TC Foundation Scholarship Application
- Our Career Coach software aligns your interests with specific jobs, shows you how much money that job makes, and how many of those jobs are available. All of this information is specific to Central Texas. You can even see immediate positions available in your chosen career field, and the resume tool is AWESOME! If you want help, make an appointment at the Foundation and we’ll walk you through it and help you find your dream career!
- CashCourse allows you to learn about improving your credit score, avoiding fraud, saving and investing, employee benefits, insurance and the advanced financial management that you need as a college graduate.
- Do you know what you want to be when you grow up? Sign up, take the 60 question assessment and use this FREE career match software. Learn what jobs you’re most suited for, find out how much money those jobs earn and how many of those positions were available in Central Texas last year, and figure out what degree or certificate you need for that job. If the degree or certificate is available at Temple College, there is a link to see the curriculum. If you’d like assistance, please make an appointment with the Temple College Career Coach or Jennifer Graham at the Temple College Foundation
- Temple College – Learn more about TC
- University Courtyard Apartments – Housing for TC students
- Get help jumping over life’s hurdles. All the social service agencies in 7 counties are in one place on this searchable website and 24 hour hotline.
- Post 9/11 GI Bill – Information on the Post 9/11 GI Bill
- New GI Bill – More useful information for veterans using educational benefits, including a benefits calculator
- City of Temple – City departments, services and employment, tourist and relocation information, with recent news and upcoming activities
- Chamber of Commerce – Provides a venue where business owners, leaders and managers can Connect, Learn, and Grow. Have a business? Make sure you’re a member.
- Workforce Texas – TWC is a governmental agency in the state of Texas that provides unemployment benefits and services related to employment to eligible individuals and businesses. Looking for a job? Go to their website and find local postings.
- Open Education Database – Looking for online classes? This database list schools in Texas offering online classes. (Please note scholarships awarded through the Temple College Foundation cannot be used at an institution other than Temple College.)
- College Affordability Guide – Our mission is to bring together disparate bodies of data to produce a more holistic (but also focused) view of which colleges are likely to be the best value for the money. We end up with one number, an Affordability Score, with two main parts, a “Getting In” score and a “Getting Out” score.
- 6 Tips to Get You Mentally Prepared for College – This post from Front Range Community College provides an insight into the mindset an incoming student should have about going to college.
- Loan Calculator – If you are considering loans to pay for school, or for anything for that matter, this calculator can help you decide how much you can afford each month.
- Karman Healthcare Scholarship – $500 scholarship opportunity for students with mobility issues.
- Julie Queler Scholarship – A $1000 scholarship that requires a video presentation.
- Scholarships for students who are Caregivers at home – This is a scholarship opportunity for students who are also serving as caregivers to someone living at home.
For our veterans, and those who love our veterans, we hope these links may be helpful.
US Department of Veteran Affairs Crisis Hotline
Planning for Life after Discharge
Transition to Civilian Life
50% to Mesothelioma Lawsuit Guide
Surviving Spouses Resources
Best Jobs for Returning Servicemembers